Suggested things to do in Diamond Harbour
1. Cycling. Cycle to Teddington, then up Gebbes Pass and link with the Summit Road to enjoy wonderful views. Return via Dyers Pass Road and Governors Bay
2. Diamond Harbour Cliff Track. A lovely coastal walk, quite challenging in places, which starts at Purau and continues around the cliff to Church Bay. There are several approaches/exits to Marine Drive along the walk. Maps available from the Diamond Harbour Country Store or Lyttelton Harbour Information Centre.
3. Diamond Harbour Historical walk. An easy 1 1/2 hour walk. Maps (50c) available from Church Bay Store and Diamond Harbour Country Store.
4. Charteris Bay Golf Club
5. Lyttelton Farmers market, followed by lunch in Diamond Harbour. Every Saturday from 10am - 1pm the Lyttelton Farmers market is a very popular attraction. Catch the ferry to Diamond Harbour after you've made your purchases and sampled the delicious goodies and have lunch at the Country Store for fabulous food and coffee.
6. Pack a picnic and head to the beach. Purau Bay (best at half to full tide) Diamond Harbour (stoney beach but safe swimming).
7. Paradise Beach - Charteris Bay